Surgical instructions before anesthesia.
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your appointed surgical time.
- A small sip of water to take medication is only permitted.
- You should not have anesthesia if there is any chance that you are pregnant. Please let the doctor know if you think you might be pregnant.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes
- Do not wear body lotion or perfumes of any kind.
- Contact lenses and jewelry including any nose,mouth tongue and facial jewelry must be removed before the time of surgery.
- Please tie long hair back.
- Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you wear dentures, please do not wear adhesive.
- Acrylic nails and nail polish must be removed from several fingers prior to presenting for your scheduled appointment. These items interfere with the monitors we use during the anesthesia.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.